Banner

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Intro

It's 2012 and I am reverting back to a blog. These use to be popular didn't they? I was going to call it sad, but compared to Twitter - blogs are an okay thing. Compared to Twitter a bus full of kittens capsizing off a bridge is an okay thing. (Just to make sure we are clear, normally a bus full of cute animals tipping into water is a bad thing - but compared to Twitter and my constant growing dislike fo... you guys are smart enough to understand what I was doing - no explanation needed.)

My name is Jesse, I am a want-to-be (not confused with a "wannabe") stand up comic, host, entertainer, and all around attention whore. I like hearing weird, fun, and even slightly interesting stories about stand up comedy adventures. So, I have decided to make a blog about all the in's and out's of being a slightly new (3 years in) comic on the road and all the interesting people, strange environments, humorous conversations, heartbreak, let down, disappointment, suicidal thoughts after bombing, and all around hating stand up comedy by the end of it that most comics go through.

When I listen to podcasts, or interviews with comics, they always have that long (albeit sometimes fascinating) "get to know you" portion about their early life which is them trying to explain their transformation into how their comedy came about. That is fine when you are famous - I'm not. So, none of that - this will be strictly stand up based with fun stories mostly about hecklers, poorly behaved open mic'ers, and again, heartbreak.

1 comment: